Commercial Fire Damage in Central Indianapolis
Central Indianapolis commercial fires can be critical. A fire can quickly spread and impact your property’s equipment, structure, hours of operation and can even put your employees at risk. Additional damage from water and mold can occur after a fire. Good planning can help ensure that a fire does not happen. Read more about the top causes of commercial fires and how to prevent such fires.
The top cause of commercial incidents are cooking fires. High cooking temperatures and flammable materials can be dangerous if not used properly. According to the National Fire Protection Association, cooking equipment was the leading cause of fires in all healthcare facilities. All businesses can suffer from cooking fires. However, cooking fires are more likely to happen in restaurants.
Many electrical or lightning problems can develop from old destructive wiring, overloaded circuits, faulty uses, and other electrical issues. Worn out electrical cords and faulty wiring can also cause commercial fires.
Cigarettes not extinguished and disposed of properly cause smoking and can lead to a fire. According to the National Fire Protection Association, smoking materials account for 9% of fires in commercial buildings.
During the Indianapolis winter season we use heating equipment more frequently than in other states. Furnaces, radiators, and boilers can overheat and result in a fire. It is important to have heating equipment installed by trusted professionals. Improperly installed equipment can prove to be hazardous and cause a fire. Having the heating equipment maintained regularly can prevent a fire.
Fire Alarms and Smoke Detectors
It is important to follow fire regulations for all commercial buildings. Fire alarms and smoke detectors are vital components of an early warning system. Review our fire safety tips to ensure everyone understands how to minimize the risk for commercial fires.